My Family!!

My Family!!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Girls Weekend and "New Blog Friday"

As you are reading this right now, I am in Chicago with my two best girls. It is a much needed "girls weekend." Foster is off gallivanting around in the back woods of West Virginia. He and Ky. Mr. JJ and Mr. Red are all enjoying a weekend of White water rafting, drinking, and camping.

This time last year it was Foster and I rafting the New River rapids. I was jumping off 30 foot cliffs and braving Level 5 rapids while unknowingly being pregnant. I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant at this point, but it is just one more adventure that Rosie was present during. It was at this point where I noticed weird things happening to my body. I was EXTREMELY gassy, and thanking God that Foster and I had just gotten engaged, because I finally felt semi-comfortable passing gas in front of him. I was braving the dark, bug infested woods to get to the porta-johns 5-6 times each night to use the restroom. I figured it was because I was drinking beer, but a few weeks from now, I would find out it was because I was expecting.

Foster was planning this trip WAY before we lost Rosie. HE wanted it to be his later "bachelor party". I was intending to stay home with the baby, and letting him enjoy a man's weekend away. So, when we lost Rosalynn, Bug and JJ decided we had to do a girls weekend since our guys would be gone. Now, don't get me wrong, I am excited to be here enjoying time with the girls, but I officially have seen my husband 2 days in the last 2.5 weeks. I miss him, and wish we had all gone down to WV together with ALL of our friends. However, I know JJ better than most, and she would not fare well in the wild. Instead, we are staying in the luxurious "W" hotel overlooking Michigan Lake. We have a day full of shopping and drinking ahead of us. THAT is her kind of vacation.

When I get home I will make sure to update you on all of my adventures. Until then, if you are not sick of me yet, hop on over to "The Infertility Overachievers" Where my quaint little blog is being featured as "New Blog Friday". I am always honored when I am asked to be featured on someone's blog. So hop on over and check out my post and her blog. She is definitely an inspiration!

Blog Button NBF


P.S. A lot of people in real life have been BEGGING for Foster's next entry. As I mentioned earlier, he has been out of town for 2.5 weeks. He is wanted to add some feelings from when he wanted to go for a run, and when he held his daughter for the first time. As soon as he gives me the thumbs up, I will post. I promise I have not forgotten about it though!

1 comment:

bibc said...

im thinking of you, my friend. i read about your news and it makes me sad to think that you have to go over there. im hoping there is a hold-up and you are able to make a new little sister or brother for Rosie instead.
love to you
xoxo
lis

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com